A meeting is an appointment to which you invite people or reserve resources for. You can create and send meeting requests and reserve resources for face-to-face meetings or for online meetings. When you create a meeting, you identify the people to invite and the resources to reserve, and you pick a meeting time. Responses to your meeting request appear in your Inbox. You can also add people to an existing meeting or reschedule a meeting.
- Schedule an in-person meeting
- Change a meeting
- Make a meeting recurring
- Make a meeting private
- Set up or remove a reminder
Schedule an in-person meeting
1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Meeting Request.
2. Keyboard shortcut To create a new meeting request, press CTRL+SHIFT+Q.
3. In the Subject box, type a description.
4. In the Location box, type a description or click Rooms to choose from rooms available for automatic scheduling by using Microsoft Exchange.
5. In the Start time and End time lists, select the start and end time for the meeting. If this is an all day event, select the All day event check box. An all day event is a full 24 hour event lasting from midnight to midnight.
Note: By default, the current time zone setting on your computer system is used to schedule meetings. If you want to schedule meetings based upon an alternate time zone, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Time Zones.
6. Type any information that you want to share with the recipients, attach any files, or create a Meeting Workspace.
For more information about Meeting Workspaces, see the See Also section.
7. On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Scheduling Assistant.
The Scheduling Assistant helps to find the best time for your meeting.
8. Click Add Others, and then click Add from Address Book.
9. In the Select Attendees and Resources dialog box, in the Search box, enter the name of a person or resource that you want to invite to the meeting. If you are searching with the More Columns option, then click Go.
10. Select the name from the results list, and click Required, Optional, or Resources, and then click OK.
Required and Optional attendees appear in the To box on the Meeting tab, and Resources appear in the Location box.
The free/busy grid shows the availability of attendees. A green vertical line represents the start of the meeting. A red vertical line represents the end of the meeting.
The Suggested Times pane locates the best time for your meeting, which is defined as the time when most attendees are available. The best meeting time appears at the top of the pane. To select any of the suggested times, click the time suggestion in the Suggested Times pane. You can also manually pick a time on the free/busy grid.
11. If you want to make the meeting recur, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence, select the recurrence pattern, and then click OK.
When you add a recurrence pattern to a meeting request, the Meeting tab changes to Recurring Meeting.
12. On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Appointment.
13. Click Send.
Change a meeting
1. Open the meeting that you want to change.
2. Do one of the following:
– Change options for a meeting that is not part of a series
a. Change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change.
b. Click Send Update.
– Change options for all meetings in a series
3. Change any options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change.
4. To change recurrence options, on the Recurring Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence, change the options, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.
5. Click Send Update.
6. Click Open the series.
Change options for one meeting that is part of a series
1. Click Open this occurrence.
2. On the Recurring Meeting tab, change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want.
3. Click Send Update.
Make a meeting recurring
1. Open the meeting that you want to make recurring.
2. On the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence.
3. Click the frequency—Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly—with which you want the meeting to recur, and then select options for the frequency, and then click OK.
4. Click Send Update.
Make a meeting private
1. Create or open the meeting that you want to make private.
2. On the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Options, and then click Private.
Set up or remove a reminder
Do one of the following:
For all new meetings that you will create
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. To have a reminder automatically turned on or off for new meetings, select or clear the Default reminder check box.
3. If you selected the check box, enter the amount of time before the meeting that you want the reminder to appear.
For existing meetings
1. Open the meeting or series if the meeting is recurring.
2. To have a reminder turned on or off, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, select None or a listed reminder time.